(Last updated on 29th July 2022)
Fixline PLATFORM” MEANS AND REFERS TO THE COMPANY'S PROPRIETARY COMMUNICATION APP (APPLICATION/ SITE/FEATURE OR AS MADE AVAILABLE IN ANY OTHER FORMAT) CALLED Fixline, WHICH ENABLES END-USERS TO RECEIVE CALLS BY SHARING THEIR FIXLINE CALL LINKS.
This Policy inter alia sets out: (i) the types of personal information we collect when you install and access the features of the Fixline App; (ii) how we use that information; (iii) the purposes for which we collect it; and (iv) how we disclose such information.
This Policy applies only to the information we obtain from you through the Fixline App. It does not apply to any information that we may obtain from sources other than the Fixline App who provide your information based on their privacy policies and your interaction with their offerings. The Policy does not apply to the other websites or landing pages that you may access through the Fixline App or your direct interaction with any third party including a user who is a business owner even if you engage specifically with that user directly through the Fixline App, nor does it apply to information that you provide to or that is collected by any third party. We encourage you to read and accept the privacy policies of all third-parties as per your discretion.
Information we collect and how we collect it
We collect the following information from and about you:
Information you provide to us with prompts:
- If you elect to install, launch, access, and/or use the Fixline App, we will ask you to provide certain information to create your accounts such as name, telephone number, gender, email, and profile picture. You may also include a description of yourself or your business and the address of your business.
- While you may elect to opt out of giving all other information as mentioned above.
- Fixline App is not targeted toward users under 13 years of age, therefore, we do not knowingly request access to, collect, or process the personal information of any such user. If you continue to access the Fixline App, we assume that you are over 13 years of age.
Other Information we collect without prompts:
When you access the Fixline App we may collect:
- Details of your access to and use of the Fixline App, including interaction data, logs of access and usage, and other performance data, and the resources that you use on or through the Fixline App, including digital calls you make through the Fixline App.
- Information about or on your devices such as the online device identifiers, advertising identifiers, device make, IP Address, display features, operating system make, browser type, and network/wifi type.
- Cookies or pixels (or mobile cookies/pixels). A cookie is a small file placed on your smart device. It may be possible to refuse/accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smart device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain features of the Fixline App.
- Pages of the Fixline App may contain small files known as beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to improve its services, for example recording the popularity of certain application content, verifying system, and server integrity.
How your Information is Used
We (and our partners) may use information that is collected about you or that you provide, to:
- Provide you with the Fixline App features and its contents, such as location-based events, featured videos and audios, offers, and any other content.
- Notify you when any relevant Fixline App updates or upgrades are available and require notification.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Optimize your searches.
- Enrich, and build custom audience segments or merged data sets (using the data referred herein and/or third-party provided data sets) to enable the Fixline App to better offer its services.
- Improve our customer services and account maintenance including detecting, deter and preventing fraud, and fraudulent traffic or protecting the security of our systems.
- Make disclosures in the event of merger, sale, other asset transfers or other relevant corporate transactions. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract. (collectively the "Permitted Purposes").
Disclosure of your information for Permitted Purposes
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. We may also disclose information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our key shareholders, board, investors (debt or equity).
- For purposes of legal disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties, if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others' rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. You may elect to disable or uninstall from the Fixline App.
- Personal Information: You may opt-out of the personal information collected including your name, telephone number, gender, or email by the Fixline App by not using the application when asked for such information on your device. Note, however, you mandatorily register an account with basic profile information to use Fixline app services.
- The submission of your information to the Fixline App and your acceptance of this Policy will have an overriding effect on any registration of your mobile number with the National Do Not Call Registry of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India and any other Do Not Call Registry operated by any other service provider.
- You can unsubscribe or opt out from receiving non-transactional e-mail communications from Fixline App at any time by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' option available at the bottom of each such e-mail communication. [NOTE FOR CLIENT: Please confirm if this is applicable.]
We have implemented suitable technical and organizational measures to secure your personal information in compliance with our legal and privacy requirements.
Data Retention Period
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to continue providing you with access to the Fixline App, and as otherwise required by law or applicable contract. After the applicable retention period, the Company may retain and use such data in an aggregated format, as necessary for internal analytical purposes, to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, if any, and enforce agreements.
Please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer “Harsh Chhabra” at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Policy, or security of your personal information, or if you have any concerns, requests, or comments.
Fixline is a digital calling app.
It allows its users to receive calls on their Fixline app using Fixline links. No phone number is required to register an account on the Fixline app and to dial a call on the Fixline web link.
Data we collect & Use
User's Personal information
Fixline app is a digital calling app, In order to validate the members' identity on the Fixline app, the app asks for the member's Name, email or Facebook ID, and optional profile picture.
Use of this information
- Email is used to identify uniquely a user who registers on the Fixline app. Email is never exposed to any external user or third-party services.
- The name and profile picture is displayed on your Fixline calling contact link.
How do we protect your personal information?
Apart from details mentioned in the 'Data we collect & Use' section, all data is protected in private servers, hosted in India, Mumbai Region. No database server is accessible from any public IP address.
We do not share any of our user's personal information with any third-party services/agency or other users of the platform. We do not pass any of the user's personal information to any data analytics tools and services.
However, the users themselves can share their information publicly for their personal purposes inside the content, Fixline does not stop their users from sharing their opinion, statements publicly. The Fixline is not liable for any harm/damage caused to any user from the information listed inside the app.
All information in this app is shared by the user, the user who posts the content is the owner of the content.